canberrabirds

flowering eucs

To: <>
Subject: flowering eucs
From: <>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:02:11 +1100
I had a flock of 5 Yellow Faced HE fly over my Scullin backyard yesterday
(30/10) in an Easterly direction calling just like they were migrating?

Perhaps confused by the cold snap? Or just late?

The local Blakey's seem nearly ready to burst out with a profusion of
flowering also - check out the one between Scullin shops and the Salvation
army as it spreads right down to ground level and is and awesome example of
the species - it had a couple of flowers out already but there was heaps of
buds ready to burst.

What is going to happen in the suburbs when all these remnants die?  When I
sold my house in Higgins the new owners cut down the blakeyi ASAP which had
Swift Parrots in it a few times.  The Blue Gum that had the lone Swiftie
roosting in it one night a few years ago is also gone now!

Cheers, Alex.