canberrabirds

FSP little eagle

To: <>
Subject: FSP little eagle
From: "Sandra Henderson" <>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 09:21:51 +1000
light little eagle at FSP yesterday morning sitting in the trees near the cattle paddock at far end.  After a while it disappeared down into the paddock, then reappeared a few minutes later very wet - flew up into same tree and sat there for quite some time preening - obviously going through its morning beauty routine - a little chilly at around 9.00!  A black shouldered kite at the wetlands, again, just sitting soaking up the sun for a long period.

at both locations saw red-browed finches and yellow-rumped thornbills.  at the wetlands also saw 2 European goldfinches, white browed scrub wrens, white plumed honeyeaters, New Holland honeyeaters and I think a jacky winter (not a bird I've encountered before, being new to birdwatching).  Unusually, no darters or little pied cormorants, which I've seen on all previous visits, perhaps because there were some canoeists paddling around.

Sandra Henderson
Email: