canberrabirds

superb thoughts

To: <>
Subject: superb thoughts
From: "tom green" <>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:39:12 +1100
Hi all,

Are the birds around Macquarie etc additional to the birds that have been at Mt Rodger (and west)?
 Perhaps those birds learned of good food supplies from the few birds that have been reported in inner Belconnen in recent years and simply relocated.

When I used to go to Temora /Young more often I noted that their favourite food seemed to be wild oats growing on roadsides. (This is one reason for the high number of roadkills). There has been plenty of wild oats around outer Belconnen so a food shortage out there is an unlikely reason for their move into the suburbs.

Tom