birding-aus

Scrubwrens

To: Graeme Chapman <>
Subject: Scrubwrens
From: Martin Cake <>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 02:08:22 +0000
G'day Graeme

Yes interesting puzzle isn¹t it.
I guess we can¹t say whether DNA will have the last word, until it has the
last word!

As for some images of live White-broweds that don't fit the pattern,
here¹s a few examples found from a quick search:

A bird with grey-green eyes at Greens Bush, Mornington Peninsula
https://maltpadaderson.com/2015/01/03/1st-jan-2015-and-a-quiet-start-with-p
hotography-at-greens-bush/

Some weakly-spotted birds with pale grey-green eyes at Cleland Wildlife
Park, in the Mt Lofty ranges
http://tcphotosdotnet.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/cleland-blitz.html

A non-spotted bird with a pale grey eye near Gluepot
http://www.wilddogphotographics.com/page39/page2/

A male with a grey-green eye near Minghorn Gap NSW
https://mdahlem.net/birds/17/wbrscrwr.php

A neutral grey eye from Narrabeen NSW
https://www.birdforum.net/opus/index.php?title=White-browed_Scrubwren&oldid
=163362