birding-aus

Scrubwrens

To: Steve Clark <>
Subject: Scrubwrens
From: Graeme Chapman <>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 08:47:51 +1000
Hello Steve,

Thanks for that observation. It's interesting that Mathews "named" a subspecies
of the Spotted Scrubwren from Mt Gambier many years ago.

It seems that the identity of scrubwrens from far SE South Australia may be
worth investigating, and photographs showing the eye colour would be very
useful.

Not much suitable habitat there now, so much country has been cleared.

Regards

Graeme

On 07/05/2018, at 11:04 AM, Steve Clark wrote:

> G'day Graeme et al
>
> My only contribution to this fascinating subject is that I saw a 'Spotted'
> Scrubwren in roadside shrubs along Limestone Coast Road, Cape Jaffa on 1st
> Nov 2015.  It would be great if anyone in the area could verify this as it
> would be a 200km south-east extension to the currently stated range.  Habitat
> is cleared dune country (now pasture) with remnant vegetation patches along
> the roadside.
>
> Cheers
> Steve Clark
> Hamilton, Vic
>

> On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 10:29 AM Graeme Chapman
> <> wrote:
> I've now updated the pages for Spotted Scrubwren on my website showing the
> range as proposed by the latest revision, a selection of images and samples
> of sound.
>
>  www.graemechapman.com.au/library/viewphotos.php?c=803
>
> Regards
>
> Graeme Chapman