birding-aus

Musk Lorikeets in Sydney and species diversity

To: Andy Burton <>
Subject: Musk Lorikeets in Sydney and species diversity
From: Chris Melrose <>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 02:45:34 +0000
Hi All
I live in Wollstonecraft and can confirm your sightings Andy. In 1995 or
thereabouts I saw them feeding in Red Ironbarks up near the railway bridge.
This summer as two years ago the Sydney Blue Gums and Resinifera in the area
are flowering well. Although the Angophoras are not flowering profusely, there
have been a few hanging about in them as well.
Great to see these little pocket rockets about!
Cheers
Christine

Christine Melrose
0407705140