birding-aus

Emus and Pines

To: Michael Tarburton <>
Subject: Emus and Pines
From: Peter Morgan <>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 21:59:59 +0000
Some years ago, we travelled from Scone to Gloucester via Barrington Tops NP
and pulled up in a very old pine forest for lunch.  The trees were really big
and the forest floor was littered with logs and fallen trees.  Clearly it was
not a forest managed for harvesting.
We were amazed at the 5 or 6 lyrebirds getting around.  There was not much
understory, and the ground was soft and churned up.

Peter and Bev Morgan

The conservation battle is never finally won; the development battle is.