birding-aus

East Gippsland, Vic

To: Jenny Spry <>
Subject: East Gippsland, Vic
From: David Clark <>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 21:27:51 +1100
I was at Cape Conran last week and will be returning to East Gippsland
tomorrow.

While I didn't bother looking for birds, I was more than content to observe
those that came close to me.  My best experience was a White-browed Scrub
Wren that perched on my big toe for approximately 30 seconds.  The birds
there (and at Bournda NP and Merimbula) must be habituated to people and
are quite fearless in going about their business in close proximity to
people.

I should say that I saw a Black Falcon (twice) at Bournda and a Spotted
Harrier at Merimbula.

Cheers

David