birding-aus

East Gippsland, Vic

To: Far South Coast Birdwatchers <>
Subject: East Gippsland, Vic
From: David Clark <>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 21:02:16 +1100
Barbara

The Spotted Harrier was at the approach to the northern end of the
airstrip.  It was flying from the direction of the lake towards Arthur
Kaine Drive.

I wouldn't have been too confident of my identification of the Black Falcon
but I had very good views of one at Mallacoota a few years ago and know
that they occasionally appear in your part of the world.  I was more or
less anticipating the second sighting and it was very clear.

We saw a couple of Whipbirds at Bournda and my wife saw several when she
was walking on Elizabeth Street in Merimbula.  The variation in Whipbird
calls in Merimbula was interesting.

We had a great view of a male Lyrebird on our way back to the highway from
Wallagaraugh River Retreat this morning.

Cheers

David

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 8:07 AM, Far South Coast Birdwatchers <