birding-aus

Does Australia Have Too Many National Parks?

To: Peter Shute <>
Subject: Does Australia Have Too Many National Parks?
From: Ian May <>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 11:12:25 +1100

g'Day Peter, Dave and all

Perhaps most Green zealots do little else but sit around and play with their iphones while waiting for an opportunity to push poll buttons and preach left wing philosophy. It probably takes more time for more productive members of society who are mostly at work to find out or even bother with frivolous polls in Fairfax media. The reality seems to be, that the Green pendulum has swung back to the right. Especially here in Tasmania, most if its good citizens appear to be fed up with the high social costs of being lumbered with green public policy that has achieved little more than to make the state a feel good playground for visitors. The saddest part is that despite such a high social cost, there has been little success in achieving reasonable conservation benchmarks, i.e. Orange-bellied Parrot. The costly green experiment appears to have failed.

regards

Ian May
PO Box 110
St Helens, Tasmania. 7216
Mob: 0428337956

Peter Shute wrote:

It's now on 83% yes, and the vote count has increased from about 3000 when I
looked yesterday evening to nearly 120,000.

At least it's now obvious it can't be believed.

Peter Shute