birding-aus

Birdline Australian Capital Territory Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline Australian Capital Territory Weekly Update
Date: 3 Feb 2014 03:01:45 +1000

Birdline Australian Capital Territory

Published sightings for the week ending 2 Feb 2014.

Sat 1 Feb Pacific Swift Curtin Horse Paddocks
20 Pacific Swifts over Curtin ( 200m high) at 430pm (hottest part of day 38C). Some without fork in tail due to moult.
Richard Allen

Grey Goshawk O'Connor Oval
A male white morph Grey Goshawk flew over at 11:16. Heading off to the northwest.
PJ Milburn

Pacific Swift O'Connor Oval
100s of Swifts at 10:30 at O'Connor Oval, including about 10 per cent Pacific Swifts.
PJ. Milburn

Wed 29 Jan White-fronted Chat West Belconnen ponds
One male White-fronted Chat seen at around 7:30am. Also seen 2x Pink-eared Duck, 1x Yellow-billed Spoonbill and 2x Red-kneed Dotterel.
Christine D

Purple-crowned Lorikeet Cook
This morning at 6.30 am I heard and then saw 2 Purple-crowned Lorikeets in the same Ironbarks on Lyttleton Crescent where they were seen in December. I also heard them very early yesterday morning but didn’t see them until today. We haven’t heard them at all during the day so early morning seems to be the go. The trees are no longer flowering but Superb Parrots and Rainbow Lorikeets are still there most days foraging through the foliage. Sorry, no photo this time.
Kim Farley Larmour

Mon 27 Jan Wonga Pigeon Blundells Creek Rd
Wonga Pigeon seen flying from roadside as we walked down the road (9.40am), and at similar spot bird flew up as we drove up the road some time later. Also several Rufous Fantails seen. Sandra Hendrson and Anne Carrick
Sandra Henderson / Anne Carrick

Thu 23 Jan Lewin's Rail Namadgi Visitors Centre
Emerged from the typhus in the corner of the pond nearest the Visitors Centre.
Lindsay Hansch

Birdline Australian Capital Territory is hosted by Eremaea Birdlines.