birding-aus

Birdline Australian Capital Territory Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline Australian Capital Territory Weekly Update
Date: 24 Feb 2014 03:01:36 +1000

Birdline Australian Capital Territory

Published sightings for the week ending 23 Feb 2014.

Wed 19 Feb Pallid Cuckoo Mt Ainslie NR - Campbell Park
This morning an immature Pallid Cuckoo was observed in the degraded woodland to the east of Campbell Park. This is my first ACT sighting of this species in more than 12 months, and longer for Frank. A full list of sightings can be seen on Eremaea eBird at the link below.
Alastair Smith, Frank Antram

Tue 18 Feb Barn Owl Kellys Swamp & Jerrabomberra Wetlands, Fyshwick
seen flying through spotlight beam while doing rabbit survey at 9pm
Michael Maconachie

Mon 17 Feb Singing Honeyeater West Belconnen ponds
I went to the pond to see the result of recent rains, and heard the Singing Honeyeater call (as far as I know it hasn't been seen here since mid January). I followed the call and there it was. Basically the same location as before, North-east end of the pond. Photo taken today attached.
Christine D.

Birdline Australian Capital Territory is hosted by Eremaea Birdlines.