birding-aus

Birdline Western Australia Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline Western Australia Weekly Update
Date: 15 Oct 2012 01:31:51 +1000

Birdline Western Australia

Published sightings for the week ending 14 Oct 2012.

Sat 13 Oct Western Bristlebirds, Noisy Scrub-birds, Western Whipbirds Waychinicup NP, Western Australia
Sue and I observed x3 individuals up the sand road that runs off near the Cheynes Bch. Caravan Park. Heard at least x2 Noisy Scrub-birds and saw x2 Western Whipbids.
John and Sue O'Malley

Thu 11 Oct Pied Honeyeater Broome Bird Observatory, Western Australia
c60 moved east over the Obs through the morning, other totals during a fantastic 'vis mig' morning included c10 Black Honeyeaters and 5 Crimson Chats with the Pieds but main numbers were made up of 5000+ Fork-tailed Swifts and 1500+ Masked Woodswallows.
Simon Davies

Fork-tailed Swift Broome Bird Observatory, Western Australia
2400+ moved east over Observatory in an hour this morning 05:30 - 06:30.
Simon Davies

Wed 10 Oct Thick-billed Grasswren (textilis), Pied HE and others Monkey Mia, Western Australia
Sue and I observed x4 of these birds, all seen up on the sand-dunes above the Resort area. None observed in the car park, where we saw them a number of years ago. Also observed x4 Pied HE's in the Peron Pen. area.
John and Sue O'Malley

Green-headed Yellow Wagtail Broome Sewage Ponds, Broome, Western Australia
Male present late afternoon also Long-toed Stint and 21 Pacific Golden Plovers
Simon Davies

Mon 8 Oct Red-capped Parrot 50 km east from Belladonia, Highway 1, Western Australia
I was driving slowly west as the sun was in front of me when I spotted the first bird and did a u-turn, than a second bird joined the first and they flew off from the side of the road towards a tree. I couldn't find them after that. Colours were unmistakable. Outside the the eastern edge of their range.
Snez Plunkett

Birdline Western Australia is sponsored by Eremaea Birds and co-ordinated and hosted by Eremaea Birds.