birding-aus

future prospects for the environment

To: "'Richard King'" <>
Subject: future prospects for the environment
From: "Bob Cook" <>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 11:34:08 +1000
Richard

I commend you for being brave and stating the truth on this forum.  I agree
with all you say, except that "the environment and our lifestyles will have
to change".  True, our lifestyles will have to change, but, as you point out
over-population is the key issue and, as the Chinese have demonstrated, this
can be addressed.  I suggest that the environment (and a sustainable place
for humans) can be preserved but it will take policy and a combination of
acceptance and enforcement, a la Chinese model, for this to be achieved.

Probability of this occurring .....  hmmmmmmm!!!!

Bob Cook