birding-aus

RFI: Olive Whistler in the greater Melbourne Area...

Subject: RFI: Olive Whistler in the greater Melbourne Area...
From: David Billinghurst <>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 09:56:43 +1100
On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 6:17 AM, Bill Stent <> wrote:

> Martin and Ed, I'd be calling the Prom before you go, as I think the
> overnight walk trails (including the one Sealers) might still be closed
> after the fires.

See http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/explore/parks/wilsons-promontory-national-park
for
further details.

In March 2011 Wilsons Promontory National Park was damaged by a severe
weather event. We have been reopening walking tracks once extensive repair
works have been completed. The southern section day walks and all overnight
hikes including the Lighthouse and Sealers Cove will remain closed while
extensive repair works and track alignments are carried out.