birding-aus

RFI: Olive Whistler in the greater Melbourne Area...

To: "Ed Williams (MELB)" <>, birding-aus threads <>
Subject: RFI: Olive Whistler in the greater Melbourne Area...
From: martin cachard <>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 23:16:57 +1100
Hi Ed Mate if I were you, drive down to Wilson's Ptomontory. There are plenty
down there... or I should say 'were', as my records there are quite old - in
the 90's they were fairly easy about the track that went to Sealer's Cove from
the start of track near Tidal River, but about halfway to Sealer's you reach a
ferny glade & I recall having more than one or two there. Also about the camp
area at Sealer's, they were there too. Actually I would not be surprised at all
if they were still very widespread throughout the whole Prom itself...maybe
someone has more updated news on this area, but I would think it's well worth
the walk in & out of Sealer's - it need only take the day if you start out
really early... Apart from there, I would highly recommend Discovery Bay CP,
west from Portland, but of course that's hours from Melb. Other than that, keep
trying Sherbrooke, Gembrook, Tara-Bulga, etc etc... Hit The Prom, I'm sure
they're still there... Cheers, Martin Cachard, Cairns,0428
  782 808