birding-aus

Ground floor lorikeets

To: "'Andrew Thelander'" <>, <>
Subject: Ground floor lorikeets
From: "Steve" <>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 18:54:40 +1000
Andrew. A couple of years ago my dogs located a Rainbow lorikeet nest in a
tree hollow right on ground level. It looked as though the birds had
actually dug away the sand to get into the tree hollow. I could hear young
lorikeets inside and I only just managed to pull the dogs away in time!
This was in Shorncliffe north of Brissy.
Cheers Steve Murray