birding-aus

Birdline Central & Southern Queensland Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline Central & Southern Queensland Weekly Update
Date: 8 Nov 2010 01:30:23 +1000

Birdline Central & Southern Queensland

Published sightings for the week ending 7 Nov 2010.

Sat 6 Nov Buller's Shearwater Point Lookout, North Stradbroke Island
Excellent views on 1 bird this morning
Stuart Warren / Colin Reid (via Rob Morris)

Fri 5 Nov Green Pygmy goose Stradbroke Island - Brown Lake
Sighting I struggled with but I saw it very close up. Female GPG with a single fledgling in tow, sitting on a nest with a single egg. Nest on a branch deep in the reeds, when she realised I was watching she covered the egg in nest material and swam off while staying very close by. Fledgling was diving and swimming distances underwater. Both had a big white mark on their necks, Mum chestnut and green head and neck, couldnt see the body. Any suggestions appreciated
James Dredge

Bush Stone-Curlew Bundall 4217
The pair of Bush Stone-Curlews reported on September 10th in the car park behind the ANZ buildng in Corporate Court, Bundall have succesfully bred and have two offspring.
Andrew Wood

Thu 4 Nov Ground Cuckoo Shrike 37km south of warwick on Cunningham highway
5 birds flying in the paddock on the western side of the highway
Allan Benson

Mon 1 Nov White-throated Needletail Cedar Creek Road, Cedar Creek (Gold Coast)
About 50 birds circling overhead, sometimes in tight spirals and sometimes in wide arcs. Seen from about 1630-1800.
Sandra Gallienne

Birdline Central & Southern Queensland is sponsored by Birds Australia Southern Queensland and co-ordinated and hosted by Eremaea Birds.