birding-aus

Birdline Central & Southern Queensland Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline Central & Southern Queensland Weekly Update
Date: 1 Nov 2010 01:30:20 +1000

Birdline Central & Southern Queensland

Published sightings for the week ending 31 Oct 2010.

Sat 30 Oct Long-tailed Jaeger Southport Pelagic
One of 3 birds seen flying around the boat - as previously reported. Rare off Southport
Rob Morris on the Southport Pelagic organised by Paul Walbridge

South Polar Skua Southport Pelagic
This is a picture of the previously report South Polar Skua
Rob Morris on the Southport Pelagic organised by Paul Walbridge

Mottled Petrel, Black (Parkinson's) Petrel, South Polar Skua and Long-tailed Jaeger Southport Pelagic
Some more pictures to follow (this is a Black Petrel).... also usual Wedge-tailed, Short-tailed and Flesh-footed Shearwaters, Sooty Terns, Wilson's Storm Petrels, Parasitic (Arctic) Jaeger etc. Obviously some of the above records need to be submitted.
Rob Morris on the Southport Pelagic organised by Paul Walbridge

Wed 27 Oct Topknot Pigeon Kingfisher Park Kenmore
2 birds feeding in a small fig outside my house this morning. This is the first time I've seen them here (I've been here 2 years).
Rob Morris

White-throated Needletail Reserve Park, Lake Road, Kingston (Slacks Creek Corridor)
Observed 1 bird at 0700, 5 birds at 0730 and 6 birds at 0830 whilst walking through wildlife corridor.
Sandra Gallienne

Tue 26 Oct White-throated Needletail Nundah
Five birds powerf over south early this morning, my first of the season.
Andy Jensen

Mon 25 Oct White-throated Needletail Narangba Township
50+ individuals hawking over Oaky Flat Road, this morning.
Dez Wells

Sun 24 Oct Great Crested Grebe Sherwood Arboretum
5am - in pond closest to carpark - between the new platform and the causeway. Very strange. (1).
Mat Gilfedder & Hugh Possingham

Grey-crowned Babbler Oxley Creek Common
2 birds (calling loudly) seen on the island in Pelican Lagoon (6-630am). What are they doing here?
Hugh Possingham & Mat Gilfedder

Birdline Central & Southern Queensland is sponsored by Birds Australia Southern Queensland and co-ordinated and hosted by Eremaea Birds.