birding-aus

Birdline NSW Weekly Update comment for Matt Hinzeabout mimicry by the Ho

To: "Philip Veerman" <>, "'Shirley Cook'" <>
Subject: Birdline NSW Weekly Update comment for Matt Hinzeabout mimicry by the Honeyeaters.
From: "Ross Macfarlane" <>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:26:01 -1000
A couple of years back (2008?) I attended a Birds Australia talk by Dean Ingwersen re the first captive release of regent honeyeaters. The birds from Taronga Zoo apparently had a very uncharacteristic call which resembled the birds they were caged next to - corellas, if I recall correctly. Nevertheless the forst RHE that moved away from the release aviary at Chiltern was found with the first wild (unbanded) RHE sighted in Chiltern in 18 months...