birding-aus

Lyrebirds learning artificial sounds

To: "Richard & Roz" <>, <>
Subject: Lyrebirds learning artificial sounds
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 15:11:09 +1100
Richard and All,

A lyrebird song mapping project is already underway in the New England region. Last year over 40 sites were sampled and this year further extensive sampling will take place. This study is being carried out by Vicki Powys, Hollis Taylor, Syd Curtis and Carol Probets, and follows on from earlier research done by Ed Slater, Norman Robinson and Neville Fenton.

So Richard, and any others out there who are interested, this is just to let you know of the existing research situation.

Vicki Powys
Sound Editor
Australian Wildlife Sound Recording Group

(and Carol Probets)