birding-aus

Birding-aus a forum?

Subject: Birding-aus a forum?
From: Luke Shelley <>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:11:34 +1100
Thanks for your comments Stephen.

I don't think you are wrong at all, and I agree that across many sites the
information is comprehensive. The statement I made was probably not entirely
appropriate, but I am deliberately trying to play a bit of a Devil's
advocate to spark some discussion (although, I am quite new to the
Birding-Aus list and the birding community in general, and am still learning
on how to get my ideas across in this forum).

To clarify, what I really mean is that the way the information is presented
to the user, and the fact that it is across so many different websites, is
not enhancing the experience of the user. I think the information content is
there already, but the presentation side of things is lacking. I think this
detracts from the overall experience that users of these websites have, and
is a deterrent for more people to become involved. The internet has grown so
much in the last decade, and I think it is about time the birding community
adopted some of the technology available.

I don't for a second pretend to have all the answers. I am going to try and
put a new topic together over the next week or so, and try to get some more
discussion on this.

--
Luke

--