birding-aus

Birding-aus a forum?

To: Helen Larson <>, Clair Wenborn <>, "" <>
Subject: Birding-aus a forum?
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:01:34 +1100
If birding-aus was to grow to the stage where we were all receiving
unmanageable amounts of mail then we'd probably have no choice but to split it
somehow, by moving to a web forum or by starting a second list for some
subtopics, for fear of losing subscribers.  I don't think we're anywhere near
that stage.

If people are having difficulties with the current amount of traffic then there
are probably techniques they can use to cope.

On the other hand, I would imagine there are younger list members for whom web
forums are the normal way of doing things, and who may not have used a mailing
list before, who are wondering why on earth we used mail in the first place.

Peter Shute