birding-aus

Re: Re: [Birding-Aus] One arm point and beyond(dampier peninsula, near B

To: Greg & Val Clancy <>
Subject: Re: Re: [Birding-Aus] One arm point and beyond(dampier peninsula, near Broome
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:21:17 +1100
G'day Gret,

That's pretty interesting. I've not known about the origins behind the name
Jabiru. I've always assumed it was an Aboriginal name, it certainly sounds like
it could be an Aboriginal word.

How was the proposed new name of Satin Stork arrived at? Sorry if this is
common knowledge, but I'm not very up to date on the process associated with
how names are decided.

Regards,
Mark