birding-aus

RE: Australian iPhone birding app

To: Steve <>
Subject: RE: Australian iPhone birding app
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 15:11:38 +1000
I'm just trying it out today - looks good, but there are some annoyances which I hope will be fixed in an update - for instance, if you accidentally poke the wrong bird when you are adding observations, then you have to delete the entire outing / observation to get rid of it - I couldn't find any other way. And I think I'd raise eyebrows if I left Adelie Penguin in my list for Geelong Botanical Gardens today :-)

The search function is interesting - I typed "Ibis" and got Aust White Ibis, Glossy Ibis, and Cattle Egret, but not Straw-necked! I had to type "Straw" before that came up.

I'd also like it if the default number was set to nothing, rather than 1. Maybe some of these things can be changed in preferences? I haven't tried yet.,

Russell

Russell Woodford
Birding-Aus List Owner

Geelong   Victoria   Australia