birding-aus

Australian iPhone birding app

To: <>
Subject: Australian iPhone birding app
From: "Troy Mutton" <>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 11:12:36 +1000
Hi all,

Recently, my trusty old mobile journeyed on to Motorola heaven, so I
decided to upgrade to an iPhone. While looking for birding related apps,
I came across one that appears to have been released in the last week or
so - called "Birdsight Australia". Has anyone tried this out? Is it any
good? Doesn't seem to be a field guide as such, more a checklist with
cross-references to wiki, flickr etc.

It's made by naturalguides.com people, who's guide for America looks
pretty solid. But there isn't much info on their website about the
Australian app.

I have no financial interest in the app, I just stumbled across it last
night.

Cheers

Troy