birding-aus

more from Backpackers....

To: David Adams <>
Subject: more from Backpackers....
From: Alan McBride <>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 15:15:40 +1000
Surely if you look at birds you are a bird watcher! Whether that is put of the kitchen window or through bins is irrelevant. The economics of it are built by buying wild bird seed at Costco or wherever! I too have lived in the US and been gobsmacked at how many bird feeders there are. The numbers may be a little low!!

My neighbours 7 year old knocked on the door ten minutes ago asking for "wild bird food to feed the lorikeets on her balcony" - she was sad they had nothing and the birds had flown away and she wanted them back!

She is a "bird watcher" and using my food brought the "economics" into play! Being next door also improved the statistics in that, two out of two houses watch birds here!

Alan