birding-aus

Log Runners in Southern NSW

To: <>, ? birding-aus <>
Subject: Log Runners in Southern NSW
From: Peter Ewin <>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 17:27:57 +1100
Logrunners south of about Kangaroo Valley would be very unusual and as this is
a species that would probably rarely turn up in unusual places (ie probably
highly resident apart from juvenile dispersal) the most likely possibility is
misidentification of another call (WTTC sounds like a definitely possibility)
or possibly (though less likely) an unreported population (habitat definitely
sounds good though would be good to know if in a gully).
It would be worth following up as the Illawarra population is isolated from the
rest of the distribution so more birds would help the genetic diversity of the
population.
Cheers,
Peter