birding-aus

Desert Birder Death

To: Ian May <>
Subject: Desert Birder Death
From: "" <>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 10:48:41 +0800
URL for this story is
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/nomads-cry-for-help-goes-unnoticed/2008/10/09/1223145477766.html
Chris Charles

On Thu Oct 9 9:26 , Ian May <> sent:

<>
Any more details?  Is there a SMH reference?

m("ozemail.com.au','','','')","top.opencompose('licole");"> wrote:

This morning the SMH is reporting the fatality of a birder in northern Western Australia. Apparently his vehicle became bogged & he died of heat & or thirst.

Now the righteous outcries will begin about how he should not have gone on his own, should have hired an EPIRB & satellite phone, should have filed a trip plan, what a fool he was, etc.

But before that starts I would just like to say that from what I can conjecture from the news so far, he took a risk for his passion, it ended badly, but he died living.

I admire him & hope he found the grasswren.

to: m("vicnet.net.au','','','')","top.opencompose('birding-aus-request");">