birding-aus

RFI re 8x42 v 10x 42

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: RFI re 8x42 v 10x 42
From: "George Oakes" <>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:05:36 +1000
When I purchased new binoculars recently to compare 8 times and 10 times it was suggested to me that if a bird is 50m away an 8 times will bring it up to the equivalent of a little over 6m away while a 10 times will bring it up to an equivalent of 5m away. If you compare these distances of 5m. and 6m.plus there is not much difference in looking at a bird.After taking into account such things as shake, field of vision, and weight I finished up buying an 8.5 x 42 binoculars.

George Oakes
Woodford in the beautful Blue Mountains.