birding-aus

Swag or tent

To: John Leonard <>
Subject: Swag or tent
From: Merrilyn Serong <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:55:49 +1100
I heard of someone having a very nasty accident because of sleeping on top of a vehicle. He was woken suddenly in the night, forgot where he was and fell to the ground.

John Leonard wrote:
One trick for use with a swag is to have one of those trays on the
roof of the vehicle (I guess we're talking 4WD) and sleep in the swag
on that (on a suitable base of course).

I've never done this myself,  but I know people who swear by it as a
way of avoiding spiders and snakes.

John Leonard

ps not for those who sleep walk.