birding-aus

Swag or tent

To: <>
Subject: Swag or tent
From: "Gemfyre" <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 06:56:37 +0900
I own both a swag and a tent.  I haven't used the swag for it's intended
purpose yet (having only used it as a mattress inside a tent so far).

While a swag is certainly easier to erect, I've found it loses on many other
counts.  My 4 person/2 room dome tent cost less and is actually smaller than
my swag once they're both packed up.  I can erect the tent on my own but
it's a lot quicker and easier with a second person.  The tent also has space
to put my gear and move around.

I am hoping to go on a camping trip soon and give the swag a proper test.
Hopefully it's good.

Belinda
Scarborough, W.A.