birding-aus

Help with Birding in and around Brisbane

Subject: Help with Birding in and around Brisbane
From: "Martin Gottschling" <>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 01:20:39 +0100
Hello Birders in and around Brisbane,

we wanted to finish our Australia-Birding-Trip in Lamington NP, where we
arrived yesterday. But the wheather is a catastrophy!!! And it is not going to
change during the next days and our flight back to Germany is on 5th January.

Our question is now, can anybody help with alternative birding tips in and near
by Brisbane, to get at least some new birdspecies of the common to quite commen
category, e.g. Australian Shoveler, Fuscous Honeyeater, Striated Pardalote,
Cockatiel, and some other. Are Logrunner, Russet-tailed Thrush and Paradise
Riflebird possible at Mt. Glorius if the wheather is not too bad?

Hopefully anybody can help us and can phone us back phone: 0431371298 or can
send a short message, we'll call back. We have no regular e-mail available, so
a contact via phone would help us much more than an e-mail.

Thanks a lot and hope to hear from you soon,

Martin Gottschling & Nina Dehnhard

--
Martin Gottschling

Germany