birding-aus

Few birds in Madagascar

To: <>, <>
Subject: Few birds in Madagascar
From: "Steve Potter" <>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:09:22 +1030
Hi,

There was an English guy on the August SOSSA Pelagic at Wollongong who had
been in Australia for 3 months and was over 500.... (dog!!)

As said before. AUSTRALIA RULES!!
(Although my brother did once get 214 in a day at Nairobi National Park les
than an hour from the airport!!)

Steve Potter
Blackwood SA

Simon said, "
To try and see half the birds in Australia in a single visit would be
considered almost out of the question."

I am currently guiding a couple who have achived over 400 in ten weeks in
Australia. Only got them one new one on each of the last two days:
Blue-faced Parrot-Finch and Golden Bowerbird. Trying for Fernwren and Rufous
owl tomorrow so wish us luck.
Regards,
alan
5:58 PM