birding-aus

Birding around and on the way to COOKTOWN

To: <>
Subject: Birding around and on the way to COOKTOWN
From: Jim D <>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 04:24:00 +0000
I'm heading up to Cooktown tomorrow morning from Port D. and intend to bird
wherever I happen to end up or think is worth a look (as always), but I only
have two days and the two bird guides I have don't mention birding in this area.

Are there any particular places that I should look at?

Birds I'd like to see (amongst others) are:-

Little Kingfisher
Golden Shouldered Parrot
Frilled Monarch
Great Billed Heron
Topkont Pigeon
White Headed Pigeon
Chestnet Breasted Cuckoo
Lovely Fairy Wren
Golden Bowrbird
Fairy Gerygone
Chowchilla
Leaden Fly.
White Eared Monarch
Yellow Breasted Boatbill
Bridled HE
Buff Rumped Thornbill
Star Finch?

I know some of these are quite common on teh tablelands but I'm not sure I'll
be able to get back there again before heading to Brisbane.

Regards

James