Few birds in Madagascar

Subject: Few birds in Madagascar
From: Margaret Joan Wharton <>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:09:28 +1100
I passed on to Greg Calvert, a biologist and birdwatcher from Townsville, the question about why there are so few readily accessible birds in Madagascar. He replied, " I have also been birding in Madagascar. The reason that Madagascar has so few birds is that 90% of their forests have been burnt and chopped down and the remaining 10% is being hacked down as we speak."

Happy birding,
Joan Wharton  (Cherrybrook, Sydney)

To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the message: unsubscribe (in the body of the message, with no Subject line)

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>

The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely a compilation of material sent by many people to the birding-aus mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way. If you wish to get material removed from the archive or have other queries about the archive e-mail Andrew Taylor at this address: andrewt@cse.unsw.EDU.AU