birding-aus

Chatswood Blue Gum Reserve, Sydney, NSW

Subject: Chatswood Blue Gum Reserve, Sydney, NSW
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 19:37:57 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

Yesterday my friend Martin Gottschling (currently visiting from Germany), my
wife Raja and I had a very good early morning at Chatswood Blue Gum Reserve,
Sydney, NSW(thanks to Chris Charles!):

Australian Brush-turkey: 1 male (mount-building)
Nankeen Night Heron: 1 adult
Channel-billed Cuckoo: 1 (I keep seeing and hearing this species all over
Sydney)
Powerful Owl: 1 ad female with 1 juv (we didn't see the adult male and the
other chick)
Tawny Frogmouth: 1 ad with 2 juv
Spotted Pardalote: 1
Brown Gerygone: common (1 drab juv. could have been an interesting ID challenge
if it had been alone)
Red Wattlebird: another common species, but they were displaying (courtship)
nicely
Lewin's Honeyeater: at least 3
Eastern Whipbird: several good looks at both adult birds and a juv (last week
we saw an adult anting at the Royal NP)
Grey Butcherbird: we heard one singing at 6:15 am
Silvereye: only 1
plus another 18 more common/numerous bird species

Reptiles: 1 Waterdragon

Cheers,

Nikolas

Nikolas Haass