birding-aus

Song Thrush or Immature Blackbird?

To: brian fleming <>
Subject: Song Thrush or Immature Blackbird?
From: L&L Knight <>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:51:12 +1000
Never fear Anthea, Bassian/Russet-tailed Thrushes are quite common up my way, so I wouldn't mistake a Song Thrush for one. I have since found an illustration of an immature Blackbird, which had much darker underparts than the bird I saw.

It was the fact that it was structurally similar and in proximity to the Blackbirds that had me wondering.

Regards, Laurie.