birding-aus

Mt Sonder-Rwetyepme, Jabiru, local names etc

To: (Birding Aus)
Subject: Mt Sonder-Rwetyepme, Jabiru, local names etc
From: L&L Knight <>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 18:27:16 +1000
I don't know if Arizona really stacks up as a mountainous region using absolute height as a metric if you compare it with a place with high mountains [like Nepal].

What counts is the amount of relief - In Australia anything with a summit more than 300 metres above its base would logically count as a mountain. Of course, in a really low place like England, anything with a summit over 1000 feet above sea level counts as a mountain.

Regards, Laurie.