birding-aus

White Tern at Quilpie sw Qld?

To: "Margaret Cameron" <>
Subject: White Tern at Quilpie sw Qld?
From: "Elizabeth Shaw" <>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 09:51:34 +1000
 Thanks, Margaret and others,
I'm still not happy and may get to look at this bird again in the next few
weeks.
The non-breeding Gull-billed Tern in Pizzey is a possibility.  I have seen
these and other inland terns before.  I was expecting one of these birds.  I
felt the bird was white all over, but don't remember seeing the top wings
close up, so I'll take it as one of these until I get another look or
someone else sees it and convinces me otherwise.
Elizabeth