birding-aus

Eeyores don't like Acorns but Wood Ducks like them mashed

To: "Michael Tarburton" <>, "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Eeyores don't like Acorns but Wood Ducks like them mashed
From: "Val Curtis" <>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 15:46:21 +1000
Mike, I very seldom see White-throated Needletails here as we are in amongst tall forest and have only a small area open to the sky, but having said that, I have seen them about three times during this summer. I have to be looking up at just the right moment to catch a glimpse of them and they are so high up that I only assume they are WTNT, they could be some really exotic species (just wishing) :-)) A few years ago I saw a large flock flying low over paddocks further up the road towards the village; this was as a storm was approaching. Sorry I can't help you any more than that. I don't have dates for any of these sightings either. It must be a pretty thankless trying to catch them!
However, if I see any in the next few weeks I'll let you know.

Val