birding-aus

albatrosses and 14 year old boys

Subject: albatrosses and 14 year old boys
From: David <>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 19:20:25 +1000
A superb book in the market is Albatross - Elusive Mariners of the Southern Ocean by Aleks Terauds and Fiona Stewart.

David Taylor

On 25/09/2006, at 11:43 AM, Lorne Johnson wrote:

Hello bird lovers... Lorne here...

On Wednesday afternoon, at the school where I teach, St. Aloysius College, Sydney, I'm presenting a forty minute lecture on albatross to 140 14 yr old boys as an intro to our topic of The Sea and The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner.

I've pretty much got all I want to say in my head, but would love some suggestions re. info that the boys should know or stuff that would keep them enthralled during my chat as most would be prefering to play their X Box or looking at Zoo magazine or shooting sparrows with air rifles methinks!!!

Can anyone give me up to date stats on numbers of albatross in the world... general conservation info...any websites I can suggest the boys look at etc.????

This is an important opportunity to spread info on these majestic species so the boys can think about conservation in the future, so any help would be deeply appreciated.

Ta,

Lorne Johnson

DISCLAIMER

This email and any files transmitted are confidential and for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorised use of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please advise the sender by telephone (reverse charges) immediately and then delete/destroy the email and any files transmitted, and any printed copies. Thank you.

Please note that any views or opinions expressed in the email and any files transmitted are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of St Aloysius' College.

Whilst every attempt has been made to ensure material in the email and any files transmitted is free from computer viruses or other defects, transmitted files are provided, and may only be used, on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for the use of the material transmitted.