birding-aus

albatrosses

Subject: albatrosses
From: "inger vandyke" <>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 02:08:57 +0000

  Hi Lorne,

  I work regularly with albatrosses through SOSSA and have a lot of
  pics.  I also have a presentation that I can send you if you are keen
  to use a laptop and data projector.

  There are many websites along with these that have stats on Albatross
  conservation and I have had an article published in Club Marine
  magazine about Albatross conservation which I would also be happy to
  send you in PDF format.

  Please let me know if you require any of these and I would be happy to
  send them to you.

  Cheers,

  Inger Vandyke

    CC:
    Subject:  Re: [Birding-Aus] albatrosses
Date:  Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:53:36 +1000
    >Lorne, the following web sites offer some good material esp quotes
    to use
    >and pics on albatrosses.
    >
    >Agreement on the Conservation of Albatrosses and Petrels -
    >http://www.environment.gov.au/bg/wildlife/conventions/albatross/in
    dex.html

    >Albatrosses By-catch bibliography -
    >http://www.pond.net/~fish1ifr/alb-bib1.htm
    >
    >Information on Wandering Albatross -
    >http://www2.ozland.net.au/users/msc/ant/WANDERING_ALBATROSS.html
    >
    >Recovery Plan for Albatrosses and Giant-Petrels -
    >http://www.ea.gov.au/biodiversity/threatened/recovery/albatross/in
    dex.html

    >Southern Oceans Seabird Study Association -
    >http://www.sossa-international.org/Pages/Pelagic%20Reports/May2006
    .htm

    >cheers, Martin
    >
    >Martin O'Brien
    >Wildlife Biologist - Threatened Species & Communities Section
    >Department of Sustainability and Environment
    >2/8 Nicholson St. (PO Box 500),
    >East Melbourne  3002
    >VICTORIA
    >
    >Tel: 9637 9869

    >Hello bird lovers... Lorne here...
    >
    >On Wednesday afternoon, at the school where I teach, St. Aloysius
    College,
    >Sydney, I'm presenting a forty minute lecture on albatross to 140
    14 yr
    >old boys as an intro to our topic of The Sea and The Rhyme of the
    Ancient