birding-aus

Grey-headed Lapwing

To: "'R Clarke'" <>
Subject: Grey-headed Lapwing
From: "Neville Pamment" <>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 12:59:11 +1000
Hi Rohan and birding-aussers

Just back from Burren Junction where Marj, I (and Hattie the corgi - if you
want to include her Rohan) had great views of the lapwing on Sunday morning
in company with many others (see John Leonard's report).

Can't think of much to add to what others have said, except a suggestion re
accommodation. We stayed at Walgett. For birders, there is a great motel
(more a resort in the bush) out on the Brewarrina road, 6 km from town -
it's called Leisure World (or Nolan's -  I think they are changing the
name). The units are in a bush setting. Red-tailed Black-cockatoo is their
logo and the birds occur on the property. We did not have time to bird at
the motel (being for obvious reasons in far too much of a hurry to get to
Burren Junction), but did get great views of a pair of perched RTBC on the
way into Walgett. Another great sight in the early am on the Walgett-Burren
road were large numbers of Quarrion and Bluebonnet. A great area which we
shall return to.

Neville