birding-aus

Favourite Sewage Farms

To: "Bob Cook" <>
Subject: Favourite Sewage Farms
From: "Tom Tarrant" <>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 20:22:00 +1000
Hi Sean,

About 18 years ago I was sent to Darwin to work for 5 weeks, and as I was
leaving my rented-accomodation in Paddington (yes, the infamous 26
Warmington St, past-home of Queensland twitching!) the late great-birder
John McKean handed me the key to Darwin Sewage Works.

After a smelly, sweaty (though very rewarding) couple of days in our version
of paradise I went into work on the Monday morning and I was asked what I'd
got up to at the weekend....when I explained that I'd been in heaven,  the
reply was "Gee Tom, you really know how to have fun!")

Several weeks later I was also informed that 'Salty Crocodiles' are
regularly spotted in there......never did find out if this was an
urban-myth, does anyone know if this is true?

Tom

--
Tom & Marie Tarrant

http://www.aviceda.org