birding-aus

Grey Grasswren

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Grey Grasswren
From: "Moorhead Family" <>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 12:27:52 +1000
Hi all,

Have had a few queries in relation to Grey Grasswren from my posting a couple of
days ago mainly in relation to my road location description.

I presume the GPS location is correct IE S27deg30'12.8"E141deg56'33.2". I didn't
realize, though, that the road is not called Cooper Developmental Rd there but the
very regrettably named 'Adventure Way'. The Cooper Rd starts at Nockatunga... to
the east of our site. Never-the-less, if interested in locating the site,it is in that Cooper's
Ck overflow shown on all maps. Coming from the east, turn west just past Nockatunga
towards Nappa Merrie via the Jackson Oil fields etc. There is a sign to Tennaperra HS
on the LHS maybe a 100km or so down the road....I use the GPS and don't pay too much
attention to odometer readings etc. After 2 weeks and thousands of km's ,I lose track
of distance....quite a nice feeling really....you know you are on holidays!

Our birds were ~100m west of this sign.

There was only one good strip of lignum of approx. 3km on the entire road including this
site.....for those who reckon they've driven that road and not noticed any lignum , I suggest
you slow down and have a better look.

Good luck to those who want to have a look and be aware of the Oil Field trucks which
belt along there. Incidentally, the road is a good narrow sealed road.

Cheers,
Bill