birding-aus

Un-named Observers

Subject: Un-named Observers
From: Judith L-A <>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:36:34 +1000
Peter, it's not about having something to hide, but rather that in some jobs there are some people who will intrude with unsolicited approaches, and will seek you out with inappropriate demands. It's not about being a birder, either -- it is that as a subscriber to birding-aus you become accessible via the net to the general public (if you give your full name, contact details, etc.)
Cheers,
Judith.

This would also get around anyones concerns with privacy... (i dont see what people have to hide anyway....is being a birder a high risk hobby???)

Peter

Judith L-A <>
Sent by:
09/11/2004 10:36 AM
cc
Subject
Re: [BIRDING-AUS] Un-named Observers

I do agree with this. Though my first name & initials are here, I
can't put my full name or contact details, as this opens us to
web-searching. Some of us work in businesses where this is not
desirable.
                Of course people can invent a 'real' name...
Judith.

--
--

J.J.  L u k i n-