Re: Rosy Starling

To: "Kevin Vang" <>, <>
Subject: Re: Rosy Starling
From: "Tim Murphy" <>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 09:25:14 +1000
They winter in India and are a noted vagrant. Still Oz is a long way off track and they are a pretty bird - I would guess 10% chance of a wild bird, 90% cage bird.
Tim Murphy
-----Original Message-----
From: [On Behalf Of Kevin Vang
Sent: Saturday, 4 September 2004 10:44 AM
Subject: [BIRDING-AUS] Re: Rosy Starling

Good Morning Aus-Birders

I just got the picture of the Western Australia, Rosy Starling discovered by Joy Tansey and set to me by Jennifer Spry and and have put it on our website so everyone can see it.  Is this the first record for Australia?  Is there any significant possibility that this is an escapee or any other explanation besides a vagrant from Asia?  I know it occurs as a caged bird in Indonesia.

Click on
Highlights and Breaking News
Click on BREAKING NEWS: Rosy Starling in Western Australia found by Joy Tansey (new September 2004)

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>

The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely a compilation of material sent by many people to the birding-aus mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way. If you wish to get material removed from the archive or have other queries about the archive e-mail Andrew Taylor at this address: andrewt@cse.unsw.EDU.AU