The local National Parks office have some digital photos of a
pigeon/dove that I cannot identify.
It was photographed with a group of Crested Pigeons, feeding
on seed cast on a suburban footpath.
The bird was -
- generally pale grey in colour (including the
and the primaries were a darker grade of
- much smaller than the Crested Pigeons.
It had -
- no crest
- a narrow black bar (edged with a bit of white) at the back
of its neck
- pink feet (like that of the Crested P)
- a black tipped grey downcurved bill
- black eyes with no surrounding markings.
Could somebody (who possibly has "Pigeons & Doves", Gibbs
et al, Pica Press,2001) be able to give me a clue.
I would be pleased to email the photos to anyone who
Thanks, Bob Forsyth, Mount Isa, NW Qld.