birding-aus

Townsville

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Townsville
From: "Marleen Acton" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:15:03 +1000
G'day all,
                Sorry that I did not get around to "this month in Townsville" for June I was rather preoccupied with other things. Still better late than never. We had no rain in June and things are starting to get progressivly browner, with lots of the water holes drying out. The most interesting sightings for June were several of Spiny-cheeked Honeyeaters,  a Black-breasted Buzzard at Oonoonba, and the best was a lone Painted Honeyeater feeding in a Grevillea up on Herveys Range. (I was not lucky enough to see any of these myself).

                The Town Common and Toonpan have masses of waterbirds which of course is a lovely spectacle to see. Anyone coming this way should contact the Townsville Region BOC for info on the current best places to visit.

Marleen